Our New Bone Density Ultrasound Machine
Our new machine, Echolight, has radiation-free technology for assessing bone density and quality on the lumbar vertebrae and proximal femur through a revolutionary approach to characterize bone microarchitecture using radio frequencies acquired during a simple ultrasound scan. Echolight uses REMS (Radiofrequency Echographic Multi Spectrometry) techniques to assess and diagnose conditions of low bone density, like osteoporosis.
The Benefits of Echolight
Our new Echolight has numerous benefits. If you are at risk for osteoporosis, an Echolight examination is the first step to keeping your bones strong. All of the benefits that come with this technology are listed below:
- Assess your bone health without harmful radiation
- Produce an automated report in minutes
- Determine precise and correct bone health data
- Analyze brand-new bone health information
- Help clinicians provide accurate fracture risk assessments
- Allow for early detection and diagnosis of low bone density and osteoporosis
- Gives a more proactive approach to bone health
- Predict fragility fractures for women and patients with type 2 diabetes or other risk factors
- Help in pre-operative bone assessment prior to joint replacement or spine fusion surgery
Echolight’s REMS technology examines the condition and health of a person’s bones without the ionizing radiation (X-rays) used to measure bone density with the typical Dual-Energy X-Ray Absorptiometry (DXA) technology. Echolight has been patented and is FDA cleared.
Early detection is key to remain healthy and strong. If you would like to schedule an appointment to check your bone density give us a call today!